lunedì 9 gennaio 2012

The black swan and the destructive nature of obsession


Black Swan is a 2010 American psychological thriller: I've watched this so many times I can quote almost every single line.

Photobucket


I instantly fell in love with her protagonist and not just because she was a ballerina. I saw so much of myself in Nina: her inability to lose control, her dionysian/apollonian split, the hard embracing of black feelings necessary to become a whole and independent woman...
 
Photobucket

but first of all I felt physically ill watching how damaging perfection can be when pursued excessively, especially by someone with mental health challenge.

Photobucket



If you can spend two hours of excellent cinema, then you absolutely must spend it seeing Black Swan. This movie is full of pain, and you’ll feel it, but I assure you it will also be worth it.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento